Graduates and Students
Attachments are designed to run concurrently with university or college/polytechnic studies.
We select a number of interns quarterly to participate in a 3-month attachment structured to provide practical exposure relevant to the students’ field of study. While on attachment students are:
- assigned to the relevant department;
- assigned to a mentor; and
- allocated various workplace tasks.
Students receive regular feedback, undergo assessments and make 2 presentations to management during their attachments.
What we look for
Tertiary level students currently enrolled in courses in any of the following subjects:
- Engineering – mining, chemical, civil, geotechnical, electrical, mechanical
- Science – chemistry, geology, environment, survey
- Business – marketing, commerce, finance, economics, supply and logistics, training, human resources
To be considered you must
- be a 3rd or 4th year student currently enrolled with a Kenyan university;
- or have recently completed, or are enrolled in, a diploma or certificate course from a recognised institution;
- be endorsed by the university/college and have a certificate of indemnity; and
- be a Kenya citizen.
The recruitment process
- Check for recruitment advertisement
- Upload your application online
- Interview by telephone
- Aptitude testing
Intakes are generally on a quarterly basis.
“Base is the best place for an internship. I was given the opportunity to learn by performing real tasks that contributed to the goals of my team.”
Patience Ochieng, July 2014