Graduates and Students
Attachments are designed to run concurrently with university studies.
We select 5 interns quarterly to participate in a 3-month programme that is structured to provide practical exposure relevant to the student's field of study. While on attachment students are:
- assigned to the relevant department;
- assigned to a mentor; and
- allocated various workplace tasks.
Students receive regular feedback, undergo assessments and make presentations to management.
What we look for
Our operations provide opportunities for those studying:
- Engineering – Mining, Chemical, Civil, Geotechnical, Electrical
- Science – Chemistry, Geology, Environmental, Surveying
- Business – Marketing, Commerce, Economics, Logistics, Supply, Human Resources
To be considered you must
- be a 3rd or 4th year student currently enrolled in a Kenyan university;
- be endorsed by the university and have a certificate of indemnity; and
- be a Kenyan citizen.
The recruitment process
- On line submission of applications
- Interview by telephone
- Aptitude testing
Intakes are generally on a quarterly basis.
“Base is the best place for an internship. I was given the opportunity to learn by performing real tasks that contributed to the goals of my team.”
Patience Ochieng, July 2014