Graduates and Students
A number of graduates are selected every 2 years to participate in an 18-month practical application programme.
Since the programme commenced in 2014, 30 graduates have benefited from the scheme. The programme is structured to provide maximum knowledge transfer and experience to the graduates in their respective disciplines, together with some exposure to the broader aspects of the operation.
To guide and advise them, each graduate is assigned a mentor and receives a personal development plan outlining targets and competencies to be achieved during the programme.
As part of their training, the graduates are required to undertake projects and present the outcomes to management.
On concluding, the graduates receive Certificates of Completion and are equipped with valuable experience that significantly enhances their employment prospects in the mining or other industries.
What we look for
Recent graduates holding degrees in any of the following subjects:
- Engineering – mining, chemical, civil, geotechnical, electrical
- Science – chemistry, geology, health and safety, environment, survey
- Business – marketing, commerce, finance, economics, supply and logistics, training, human resources
To be considered you must
- Have graduated with a relevant and recognised degree within the last one year, or are due to graduate in the current academic year.
- Have or will have graduated with an Upper 2nd Class degree.
- Be a Kenya citizen.
The recruitment process
- Check for recruitment advertisement
- Upload your application online
- Shortlisting of applicants
- Aptitude testing
- First interview
- Panel interview
Our business needs dictate the number of places available by discipline and programme commencement dates vary for each intake.
“I hold a mechanical engineering degree from Moi University and managed to get a place on the graduate trainee programme with Base Titanium in the engineering maintenance department. Such opportunities don’t come along so often. The professional experience I am gathering here will give me an excellent grounding and a distinct advantage in the future employment market.”
Merceline Athembo, February 2015